Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Freshman Year: Check!

            At 2:00 pm on Wednesday, May 13, 2009, I walked into my last final of freshman year.  All I wanted was to get this stupid final over with because it was at the very last time slot on the very last day.  Not to mention the class wasn’t my favorite.  I knew I would return to a practically empty suite still having to pack the remainder of my stuff.  And I knew it would be almost as sad as graduating from high school.  The thing about high school summers is everyone lives close, with the exception of the annual family vacation.  But in this case, I had friends returning to all parts of the country.  And then there’s housing.  I won’t be living with any of the people on my hall because I’ll be living in my sorority house.  Since high school graduation, it’s just been a whirlwind of changes, and each one has its fun, new experiences.

            For the last month and a half of freshman year, I declared two minors, attended many sorority events, wrote a lot of papers, and completed my first internship.  After years of addiction to Law and Order, I declared a forensics and criminality minor.  And who wouldn’t minor in Spanish, one of the world’s leading languages?  I think these are the minors I will stick with, after debating over marketing, health communication, and communication in the entertainment industry. 

            Completing my first internship was probably one of my proudest moments of the year.  I had a busier schedule and harder classes than last semester.  I was even involved in all of the same extracurriculars, Trojan Vision and ATVN.  And then, adding an internship on top of that…I never thought I’d make it out of freshman year alive (or at least with a good GPA)!  I accomplished all that I wanted to in the end, and all of the craziness and extra work was definitely worth it.

            Our last ADPi invite was Diamond Ball. It may not have been the best due to personal problems, but it was certainly the nicest venue, the best food, and the most dazzling to see.  Everyone looked absolutely stunning, and the class of 2009 will definitely be missed.  Before the invite, we ate at Zip Fusion, a Japanese restaurant near downtown.  I devoured some of the best sushi and teriyaki beef I’ve ever had.  All in all, it ended up being a great night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

            Currently, I’m unpacking my stuff from my dorm and packing my suite case for my upcoming European adventure. You can follow my everyday excursions on this blog. I’ll hopefully have updates, however long, everyday depending on internet availability.  GO LAKERSSSSSSS!!!

            

No comments:

Post a Comment