Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mykonos

Photobucket

After a relaxing and sunburned day aboard the ship, we had a later arrival in Mykonos than a few of our other ports. It felt like such a treat to have two relaxing days! My goal was to go to the beach, but since I had enough sun to last the rest of the summer, we wondered around the island looking for presents. As beautiful as Mykonos is, apart from shopping, eating, drinking and seeing the windmills, there isn't too much to do there. So we shopped, I ate a gyro, of course we didn't drink, and somehow found our way to the windmills. We began our walking tour from a side street off of the main port square. As we followed the twists and turns, my mom stopped my grandma and I for a too frequent picture. I heard that the item to buy was leather sandals, but I couldn't imagine how difficult it was to find an open store! Out of no where, we found the windmills, which were farther than we had originally thought we were. These windmills were different from any windmill I've ever seen, although to be honest I haven't seen too many. They had thatched roofs with a white color and were a little short. Inside some of them were jewelry stores. We began making our way back, thinking it would take a bit longer than our journey there. Sure enough, in no time, we were in full sight of the Ruby Princess. Even though we didn't go to the beach like I had wanted to, the day was still nice, enjoyable, and relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment